Monday, January 25, 2010

It's Not A Disease

Last night when Christian and I were making dinner in the kitchen, the kids were playing doctor in the living room. We overheard Emma tell Cade "It's not a disease, you just have a bad cough". They are so funny! They were taking turns "walking" each other around the house with a dog leash around their waists. The walkee was a cat and the walker was taking the cat to the cat park. For the most part, they play really well together these days. They will drive you batty fighting, too, but when they play, they play well.

Another one to add to my list of things I never thought I'd say in my life: "Do not put the cat in a drawer, she doesn't like it!" This one was Emma. She put Daisy in her dress up drawer in her closet because she "didn't want her to get away". Um, I'm not thinking that's going to make her want to stay! I think it's interesting how many of these quotes revolve around a pet.

I'm really terrible at this blogging thing! I'm blaming in on work and the holidays, both of which were nuts. Work is always nuts, but there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. It may just be today, but I'll take it for now! Our whole family went through the stomach flu starting on New Year's Day. We took the kids to see The Princess and the Frog (Cade's first movie in the theater). Cade fell asleep on the way home and woke up from his nap covered in vomit. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Christian was next, then Emma, me last (on a day I absoulutely could not miss work, but of course had to). Oh well, life has continued.

Emma's sixth birthday party is coming up this Saturday. She wants a pajama party, so the girls are coming over in their PJ's. We're going to do arts and crafts, decorate cookies, and watch Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. She's excited and I think they will all have a blast. I can't believe my baby's going to be six! She lost her first two teeth in December, the bottom front. They were the first ones she got as a baby, too.

We took the kids to Monster Jam Saturday night. It was their first stadium event and first experience with earplugs! They said they had a good time. It was late and they got pretty tired. There was also a lot of downtime, which I wasn't expecting. It'll be ok with me if we wait a few more years before going again, but now we all know what it's like.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE listening to the kids playing together. They do have the cutest conversations! :) Love the "cat walking" thing- so cute! Sorry about the flu :( Yuk!

    ReplyDelete