Thursday, October 22, 2009

Soup Is Not A Finger Food

I said that tonight. To Cade. As he was attempting to eat his chicken noodle soup. With both hands. He was wrist-deep when I figured out what he was doing. The sad (or probably funny to people other than me) thing is this is not the first time we've had this conversation. I do understand his motivation. It is hard to get the noodles on the spoon sometimes, especially when there is too much broth. So we had a lesson on drinking the broth from the bowl and then getting the noodles with the spoon. And I told him that soup is not a finger food.

There are many things I've said in my years of parenting, beginning nine years ago with Max, that I never dreamed I would say in my life. Interestingly, these things have primarily been directed to Cade:

* Why is there pee on your forehead? *

* No, Jasmine (the spayed cat) isn't going to lay babies. *

* Stop licking the cat! *

These are a select few of my favorites. And now I've added * Soup is not a finger food *. I guess I can call it a day.

1 comment: