Yesterday was Emma’s first day of kindergarten. I had no idea this would be such a big deal to me. She was thrilled, of course, and that part didn’t surprise me. She was out-of-her skin excited this weekend, waiting for her big day to arrive. She looks so grown up in her uniform. We got to school on the early side and she was the second kid in the classroom. She had absolutely no problem saying goodbye to me.
I think it’s such a milestone for me because she is officially in academia. She’s gone to her school for two years now, but that was pre-kindergarten. Sure she was learning some academics, but that wasn’t the focus. Now she is on a set schedule with workbooks and expectations. She came home yesterday reciting the colors in Spanish.
This morning she was so pleased that today is her day to be her teacher’s helper for the day. And I’m pleased for her. I am deliriously happy that she likes school so much and that we’re able to send her to such a good, well-rounded school. She’s just growing up so fast.
Not any less noteworthy, is that Cade started his first year at the same school. He is officially a pre-kindergartner! He did great yesterday morning, but not as well today. Cade takes a little longer to adjust to new situations than Emma. He is in general a more sensitive kid. I’m sure he’ll be fine, but I’m a little sad for him as I’m sure he misses his friends from St. Andrew’s and his old school and routine. We did get invited to a birthday party for an old classmate next weekend. I’d like to take him just so he can visit with some of his friends.
On a selfish note, it is absolutely fantastic to finally be dropping them both off at the same place in the morning! I’m not in such a rush and can take my time dropping them off and saying goodbye. And then I’m still early to work! These are the small blessings of them getting older. But I still miss my babies. I think I need to look through some old photos…
I think it’s such a milestone for me because she is officially in academia. She’s gone to her school for two years now, but that was pre-kindergarten. Sure she was learning some academics, but that wasn’t the focus. Now she is on a set schedule with workbooks and expectations. She came home yesterday reciting the colors in Spanish.
This morning she was so pleased that today is her day to be her teacher’s helper for the day. And I’m pleased for her. I am deliriously happy that she likes school so much and that we’re able to send her to such a good, well-rounded school. She’s just growing up so fast.
Not any less noteworthy, is that Cade started his first year at the same school. He is officially a pre-kindergartner! He did great yesterday morning, but not as well today. Cade takes a little longer to adjust to new situations than Emma. He is in general a more sensitive kid. I’m sure he’ll be fine, but I’m a little sad for him as I’m sure he misses his friends from St. Andrew’s and his old school and routine. We did get invited to a birthday party for an old classmate next weekend. I’d like to take him just so he can visit with some of his friends.
On a selfish note, it is absolutely fantastic to finally be dropping them both off at the same place in the morning! I’m not in such a rush and can take my time dropping them off and saying goodbye. And then I’m still early to work! These are the small blessings of them getting older. But I still miss my babies. I think I need to look through some old photos…

Your kids are SOOOOOOO cute & big! Geez- I guess that happens when I only see them every 5 years! haha- so sad. Your blog is great- I'm so glad you're doing it. The title is the best!
ReplyDelete